Kennewick School District's Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program is currently offered at Amistad and Washington elementary schools for priority-based students on a space available basis.
Transitional Kindergarten is for children whose fifth birthday is after Sept. 1 and who not have access to high-quality early learning experiences prior to kindergarten. Additionally, they have been deemed by the school district, through a screening process, to be in need of additional preparation to be successful in kindergarten the following year.
Benefits of Transitional Kindergarten
- Free, full-day program at Amistad and Washington elementary schools
- Early introduction and easy transition into kindergarten in a small classroom setting with up to 15 students
- Opportunity to grow academically, socially and emotionally in an environment that is the perfect balance of fun and education
- Students gain confidence and self-control
- High-quality education from a certificated teacher and paraeducator support
- Participation in physical education, library, music and technology classes
- Free bus transportation and meals (breakfast, lunch, snacks)
- Students ready to attend their boundary school when they enter kindergarten in the fall
The Transitional Kindergarten program meets the requirements of full-day kindergarten established in RCW 28A.150.315, including administration of the WaKIDS whole-child assessment, within the first 10 weeks.
8:40 a.m. - 3:17 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Jan. 31 - June 15, 2022
All students are ready for their futureKSD strategic goal